Who we are
Mission Mars Limited (company number: 09392603) of 2 Atherton Street, Manchester, England, M3 3GS operates a number of venues, including: Albert Hall, Albert’s Schloss, The Deaf Institute, Rudy’s, Trof, Gorilla, The Viking Pub & Bakehouse, The Elephant Pub & Bakehouse and Liberty Tavern.
Your personal information will be collected by Mission Mars (unless stated otherwise in this policy).
Mission Mars takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Please note that the Website and other digital platforms Mission Mars provides may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our Website and our own digital platforms. Mission Mars recommends that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about the information we hold on you please contact email@example.com, write to us at 2 Atherton Street, Manchester, England, M3 3GS or call us on 0161 817 3499.
Our data protection officer can be contacted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone on 0161 817 3499 or by post at 2 Atherton Street, Manchester, England, M3 3GS.
Information we collect about you, how we use your information and our lawful basis for doing so
The table below sets out details of when you may provide personal information to Mission Mars, what personal information you will provide, how Mission Mars will use such personal information and our lawful basis for such use. Please also see CCTV and Cookies below:
Monitoring and CCTV
Mission Mars may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that Mission Mars provide to you. Mission Mars will let you know if we are recording a call.
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in all of our premises which are open to the public (both inside and at the entrance(s) to and in any outdoor areas of the Venue).
Such CCTV footage is retained for up to 30 days following initial collection, save for any CCTV recorded in Gorilla which shall be retained for up to 90 days following initial collection, and may be shared with the police or other relevant crime-fighting agencies following a substantiated request.
There may be photographers present at our Venues from time to time and we may display images captured by such photographer on our Website. If you are included in any photograph and object to this being on our Website (or Mission Mars retaining this) please contact us using the details set out in the policy and Mission Mars will arrange for the relevant photograph to be removed.
Retention – How long we store your personal information
Mission Mars stores the different types of personal information we hold for different periods depending on why and how Mission Mars is holding and using such data. Our retention periods are as follows:
- where we are holding your personal information on our mailing database or as part of our loyalty schemes, for so long as you wish to continue to be part of our mailing list or loyalty scheme (as applicable) or if you have not engaged with us (made an enquiry, reservation, opened an email, clicked-through from an email, used your loyalty card etc.) for 24 months. Even if we no longer send mailings to you or remove you from our loyalty scheme, we may keep your name and email address on a separate repression list for a number of years following this for the purpose of ensuring that our mailings are not inadvertently shared with you).
- where we are holding your personal data to enable us to carry out a reservation or adding you to a guestlist, for 90 days following the date such reservation has been completed (i.e. the date on which your table is booked with us), unless you have chosen to join our mailing list (in which case the personal data will be held for so long as you wish to be part of our mailing list).
- where we are holding your personal data for payment processing reasons, such personal data will be retained strictly in accordance with PCI standards.
- where we are holding your personal information for the purpose of allowing you access to Wi-fi in our Venue, we will hold this for 24 months following your most recent login.
- where we are holding your personal data for customer service reasons or to deal with an enquiry you have submitted, for such period as is necessary to ensure that your query has been dealt with fully and properly in accordance with our usual standards (this will normally be around thirty days following the date of collection).
- where we are holding any images of you from our photo booth, for thirty days following the date such photo was taken.
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of data processing activities on our behalf.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties who shall process such information on our behalf:
- Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC) who store our mailing database and send communications on our behalf.
- Our payment processor in respect of in-venue and online purchases.
- Captini, who provide our Wi-fi in our Venues.
- ResDiary who manage our online reservations system.
- Our Virtual Queue Management provider, Quidini.
- Google Analytics who assist us in improving our Website.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
Mailchimp (who, as referred to above, holds our mailing database and sends our mailings on our behalf) is located in the United States. Mailchimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Access & Disclosure of your information
To unsubscribe from our mailing list or change the information we hold about you follow the link at the bottom of each communication we send to you or contact us at email@example.com or by phone to 0161 817 3499.
More about your information – your rights
You have various rights in respect of the personal information which Mission Mars holds about you. You may correct, update or request permanent deletion of your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address below. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person.
We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address below if you wish to exercise this right.
You also have the right to object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing (including any profiling we carry out for this purpose) or where this is likely to cause or is causing you damage or distress. Please contact us at email@example.com or in writing.
Our protection of your information
Your personal information will be collected, stored and used securely by Mission Mars. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we hold and adhere to the latest security best practices and methodologies.
As a licensed premises we do not hold information on anyone under 18 for the purposes of marketing. This is (one reason) why we request year of birth on our forms.
**Music venues** We operate 14+ age restrictions in some venues for the sale of tickets. The sale is subject to our terms and conditions and you should seek parental consent. The information provided is only used to process the service provided and only retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the agreement. The data isn’t used for the purpose of marketing to anyone under the age of 16.
Changes to this policy / Complaints
Any updates to our policy will be published on the Website.
If you wish to make a complaint please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have a right to complain in respect of Mission Mars’ use of your personal data to the Information Commissioners Office but please contact us before you escalate your complaint.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that Mission Mars store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We may use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website and use our reservation and purchase services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Mission Mars to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps Mission Mars to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables Mission Mars to personalise content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, and other sites such as Facebook, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Mission Mars will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 24 months, although some will expire prior to this.
© Mission Mars Limited 2017
Old Granada Studios, 2 Atherton Street, Manchester, M3 3GS